In order to enhance Member awareness and understanding of cybersecurity issues and resources, MFDA staff have hosted a webcast titled Cybersecurity for the Financial Professional presented by an external speaker.
The webcast covers a number of topics such as:
- Ransomware, malware, phishing and defending against them;
- Backing up your data and systems;
- Business email compromise;
- Endpoint devices (e.g. laptops, desktops, tablets and smartphones) and considerations for securing them; and
- Creating an appropriate corporate culture.
The webcast also contains a safe computing checklist for small to medium size businesses.
Cybersecurity for the Financial Professional can be found in the Member section of the MFDA website.