Administrative Coordinator (Vancouver)
The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is the self-regulatory organization for mutual fund dealers in Canada. The MFDA is committed to protecting the investing public by delivering responsible and effective regulation, strengthening collaboration, knowledge and expertise, and promoting investor confidence.
The primary function of the Administrative Coordinator is that of carrying out the administrative procedures of the Vancouver Office. Such work requires a good knowledge of the organization, lines of communication, and policies and procedures. Accuracy, adaptability, flexibility and a high level of interpersonal skills are needed. The nature of the work requires the exercise of initiative and judgement when anticipating needs and obtaining information.
- Establish and maintain effective records and filing systems in a highly confidential and secure manner, including matters related to personnel, budgeting, travel, and staff training and education
- Make recommendations for, and implement where appropriate, departmental administrative procedures and practices
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, minutes and other confidential documents, utilizing word processing and other software packages
- Provide administrative support for both the Compliance and Enforcement Departments, including support to legal counsel, and overall office administration
- Arrange and provide notice of meetings and schedule appointments
- Answer telephones, greet visitors and where appropriate provide general information
- Attend and prepare minutes to staff meetings and book appointments.
- Make travel arrangements – flights, hotels reservations and meeting rooms
- Set-up conference calls
- Arrange couriers, mailing and faxes
- Assist other staff with photocopying, typing and mailing and editing reports and filing
- Other duties such as assistance with special projects
- Graduate of High School
- Clerical Training is an asset
- Training as a legal assistant is an asset
- Knowledge of the securities and legal industries is an asset
- Between 2-4 years related reception/administrative experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Professional telephone manner
Please apply to:
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King Street West, Suite 1000
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3T9
Fax: (416) 361-6381
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to those qualified candidates with disabilities upon request.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.