The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is the self-regulatory organization for mutual fund dealers in Canada. The MFDA is committed to protecting the investing public by delivering responsible and effective regulation, strengthening collaboration, knowledge and expertise; and promoting investor confidence.
Compliance Managers are part of the management team, who supervise a team of Compliance Officers conducting examinations of applicants and Member firms to assess compliance with MFDA By-laws, Rules, Policies and Forms and other applicable statutory requirements. Compliance Managers are responsible for supervising the work of Compliance Officers and ensuring appropriate action is taken to resolve Member deficiencies.
- Managing a team of Compliance Officers and the compliance examination process for those Members assigned to him or her.
- Scheduling examinations and assigning Compliance Officers in collaboration with other Managers. Conducting planning meetings to assign specific tasks to the compliance team, identify high risk areas, and locations to be examined.
- Providing guidance and training to Compliance Officers on issues as they arise.
- Attending meetings with the Member’s or branch’s senior staff to discuss review findings and agree upon required corrective actions.
- Supervise the review of the Member’s or branch’s response to the formal report to ensure proper rectification of deficiencies.
- With appropriate approvals, refer serious violations of regulations or failure to carry through rectification promises to Enforcement for investigation and possible disciplinary action.
- Work with other managers to ensure consistent application of MFDA requirements.
- Review and/or supervise new Member applications and perform examinations of new applicants to determine compliance with MFDA requirements. Recommend terms and conditions, if applicable, necessary to bring applicants into compliance with MFDA requirements.
- Train, counsel, coach supervise, and evaluate the Compliance Officers. Where necessary, provide advice to the applicable Director/Vice-President on staff training and development.
- Identify areas requiring Rule changes or interpretation notices to Members.
- A degree in business
- A professional accounting designation or equivalent
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook for Securities Industry Professionals an asset
- Excellent understanding of the operations of a mutual fund dealer.
- Extensive knowledge of all securities industry regulations and their applications.
- Audit experience at the management level.
- 5 years experience in a compliance function and 2 years experience in a management position or equivalent.
- Regulatory experience an asset.
Please apply to:
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (416) 361-6381
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to those qualified candidates with disabilities upon request.