Financial Examiner (Bilingual Preferred)
The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is the self-regulatory organization for mutual fund dealers in Canada. The MFDA committed to protecting the investing public by delivering responsible and effective regulation, strengthening collaboration, knowledge and expertise, and promoting investor confidence.
Financial Examiner (Bilingual Preferred) (Toronto Office)
As a Financial Examiner, you will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing Member financial position and related internal controls with the objective of ensuring each Member is accurately reporting and maintaining adequate capital in accordance with MFDA Rules. Your job duties would include:
- Reviewing and analyzing financial filings.
- Performing and documenting financial compliance examinations.
- Reporting and advising on any significant financial issues.
- Reporting and following up with Members to ensure all appropriate changes are completed.
- Responding to questions from Members and auditors relating to the MFDA’s financial requirements.
- Reviewing auditor working papers.
The applicant must possess:
- A degree in business or accounting.
- Professional accounting designation.
- Excellent understanding of accounting and auditing principles and financial statements.
- Good understanding of the operations of a mutual fund dealer.
- Three years accounting and auditing experience, preferably in the securities industry.
- Ability to travel in the GTA and some travel required within Canada.
- Bilingualism (French and English) preferred.
Please apply to:
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King Street West, Suite 1000
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3T9
Fax: (416) 361-6381
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to those qualified candidates with disabilities upon request.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.