Senior Business Systems Analyst
The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is the self-regulatory organization for mutual fund dealers in Canada. The MFDA protects the investing public by delivering responsible and effective regulation, strengthening collaboration, knowledge and expertise, and promoting investor confidence.
Reporting to the Director, Business Systems Development, you will be working closely with stakeholders to conceptualize, design, and implement comprehensive Enterprise solutions.
Your job duties include, but would not be limited to:
- Work with business stakeholders to formalize business requirements for IT Enterprise Solutions.
- Collaborate with business units to define and document specifications for commercial off the shelf software (COTS) and custom developed solutions.
- Act as the DBA for business systems databases (SQL Server).
- Plan, design, and implement DEV, QA, UAT, and production environments
- Perform regular gap analysis and identify opportunities for share solutions and process efficiencies.
- Ensure development coding standards are followed and notify IT leadership of exceptions.
- Conduct staff training and provide second level application support
- Produce adhoc reports /queries using appropriate BI tool (SSRS and SSIS)
- Operationalize disaster recovery plan for business systems.
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary Education
- Diploma or degree in software development, business analysis or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of IT experience including 3 or more years in a business analysis or software development role
- CBAP and/or PMP Certification is an asset
Knowledge and Skills
- Well-versed in business analysis and project management methodologies
- Experience in requirement gathering, gap analysis, documentation and product assessments
- Proficiency in SQL Server Integration, Reporting Services, T-SQL coding, and common DBA tools and techniques for SQL Server
- Familiarity with OpenText BM end eDocs is an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Self-directed and motivated
Please apply to:
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
E-mail: email@example.com or Fax: (416) 361-6381
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to those qualified candidates with disabilities upon request.