Senior Systems Administrator – Toronto
The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is the self-regulatory organization for mutual fund dealers in Canada. The MFDA is committed to delivering responsible and effective regulation; strengthening collaboration, knowledge and expertise; and promoting investor confidence.
The Systems Administrator leads all technical duties relevant to the maintenance and operation of secure and reliable IT systems. This role will possess strong -problem solving, analytical and communication skill in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the MFDA’s hardware and software.
The position will work cooperatively with the IT staff and 3rd parties to manage the application systems, maintain the computing environment and initiate and complete IT related projects as needed.
- Design, implement, operate, monitor, and maintain all MFDA IT infrastructure, including:
- Network equipment, configuration, and services (switches, routers, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.)
- server hardware and operating systems, including storage systems (SANs) and virtualization technologies
- infrastructure applications such as e-mail and file/print sharing
- application hosting/remote access (e.g. Citrix XenApp)
- security-related network components, including firewalls, anti-virus, e-mail filtering, intrusion detection/prevention, and data encryption
- VoIP telephony and call center technologies
- Maintain a secure and reliable IT infrastructure, including appropriate redundancy and DR arrangements, capacity planning, and performance monitoring. Understand and apply relevant security patches and implement configuration changes required to mitigate security issues.
- Ensure an effective backup strategy is properly implemented and monitored, and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner. Provide technical guidance for backup strategy development.
- Understand and ensure compliance with applicable management, audit, and regulatory requirements.
- Research and recommend products to address IT infrastructure needs and specific project requirements. Evaluate vendor proposals and act as a subject matter expert during RFP processes.
- Manage IT infrastructure projects and provide coaching and guidance to project team members.
- Work with MFDA staff, helpdesk team, external vendors, and MFDA members to resolve complex technical issues. Provide technical training and guidance to team members.
- Create and update appropriate system documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- University or College Education and 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- MCSE and/or CISSP Certification desirable.
- Technical lead experience
- Vendor management experience desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- Current and previous version expertise in Microsoft Technologies (Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, IIS)
- Familiarity with IBM Servers, CIsco switches/routers, VPN, Opentext DM, Opentext BPM, VMWare ESX
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Organization skills
Please apply to:
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to those qualified candidates with disabilities upon request.
We thank all applicants; however only those qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.