File No. 2017121
IN THE MATTER OF A SETTLEMENT HEARING PURSUANT TO SECTION 24.4 OF BY-LAW NO. 1 OF THE MUTUAL FUND DEALERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
Re: Laurie Rose Lewis
NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT HEARING
NOTICE is hereby given that a hearing will be held before a hearing panel of the Prairie Regional Council (“Hearing Panel”) of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”) in the hearing room at the offices of the MFDA, located at 800 - 6th Avenue S.W., Suite 850, Calgary, Alberta on February 1, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. (Mountain), or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, to consider whether, pursuant to section 24.4 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA, the Hearing Panel should accept the settlement agreement (“Settlement Agreement”) entered into between Staff of the MFDA and Laurie Rose Lewis (“Respondent”).
The subject matter of the proposed Settlement Agreement concerns matters for which the Respondent may be disciplined as an Approved Person of the MFDA, pursuant to ss. 20 and 24.1.1 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA.
- The proposed Settlement Agreement concerns allegations that the Respondent:
- between November 2012 and April 2014, altered and used to process transactions, three (3) account forms in respect of three (3) clients by altering information on the account forms without having the clients initial the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between August 2012 and January 2016, altered information on 17 account forms that had been previously signed by ten (10) clients and used in previous transactions in order to process new transactions in the clients’ accounts, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- between February 2013 and February 2016, obtained, possessed, and in some instances, used to process transactions, 51 pre-signed account forms in respect of 24 clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
- MFDA settlement hearings are typically held in the absence of the public pursuant to section 20.5 of MFDA By-law No. 1 and Rule 15.2(2) of the MFDA Rules of Procedure.
DATED: Dec 7, 2017
Director of Regional Councils
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King St. West, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9