File No. 202019
IN THE MATTER OF A SETTLEMENT HEARING PURSUANT TO SECTION 24.4 OF BY-LAW NO. 1 OF THE MUTUAL FUND DEALERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
Re: Tanya Francesca Castelino
(ARISING FROM SETTLEMENT HEARING ON JUNE 4, 2020)
WHEREAS on March 19, 2020, the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (the “MFDA”) issued a Notice of Settlement Hearing pursuant to section 24.4 of By-law No. 1 in respect of Tanya Francesca Castelino (the “Respondent”);
AND WHEREAS the Respondent entered into a settlement agreement with Staff of the MFDA, dated May 13, 2020 (the “Settlement Agreement”), in which the Respondent agreed to a proposed settlement of matters for which the Respondent could be disciplined pursuant to ss. 20 and 24.1 of By-law No. 1;
AND WHEREAS the Hearing Panel is of the opinion that:
- between February 8 and April 4, 2018, the Respondent signed the signature or initials of 4 clients on 3 account forms, and submitted the forms to the Member for processing, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- on May 14, 2018 and May 28, 2018, the Respondent misled the Member during its investigation into her conduct when she falsely stated that she did not sign the signature or initials of 3 clients on 2 account forms, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT the Settlement Agreement is accepted, as a consequence of which:
- The Respondent shall pay a fine in the amount of $13,500 in certified funds upon acceptance of the Settlement Agreement, pursuant to s. 24.1.1(b) of MFDA By-law No.1;
- The Respondent shall pay costs in the amount of $2,500 in certified funds upon acceptance of the Settlement Agreement by the Hearing Panel, pursuant to s. 24.2 of MFDA By-law No.1;
- The Respondent shall in the future comply with MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
DATED: Jun 4, 2020
"Martin L. Friedland"
Martin L. Friedland
"Guenther W. K. Kleberg"
Guenther W. K. Kleberg