On March 11, 2020 the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.
During these uncertain and fluid times the MFDA continues its mandate to deliver responsible and effective regulation while recognizing the challenges facing Canadian mutual fund dealers and all Canadians.
As the COVID-19 situation continues, the MFDA is committed to working with Members to assist them in continuing to service and protect clients. Members should contact MFDA Membership Services or your Compliance Manager if you have any questions or require assistance.
The MFDA continues to accept, review and respond to complaints or inquiries from the public. If you have a complaint please review the How to Make a Complaint page.
The MFDA is continuing to operate subject to necessary modifications due to the coronavirus pandemic. In light of COVID-19 the MFDA has taken proactive measures to protect MFDA and Member staff, and the public, by performing its regulatory functions remotely to the greatest extent possible. We will publish further updates on our operations as the situation develops.
This section will continue to be updated with all COVID-19 related guidance and publications from the MFDA. To date the MFDA has issued the following guidance:
Resources for Members
- #0826-M – MFDA COVID-19 Update
- #0820-M – COVID19 Government Programs for Small and Medium Sized Members
- #0817-M – Members as an Essential Service – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- #0816-M – Cybercriminals Currently Exploiting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- #0815-M – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- #0814-M – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)