MFDA Today Issue #2
Vol. 2, Issue 2
January 20, 2021
Guess Who Contest
To celebrate the positive feedback we have had about the new “Guess Who” feature, we’ve turned it into a contest. At the end of the month we will do a random draw (Prizes TBD). The number of entries that you get will depend on the number of correct guesses you submit. In January there will be three opportunities to send in guesses. If you send in three and get all correct, you will have three entries into the draw. You may submit one guess for each picture in the newsletter for that month.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Zaldana.
- Jan. 30-31. Modern Bride Wedding Show. International Centre. Ideal location for couples to find inspiring ideas to plan their wedding day.
- Skating at High Park. Recognized as one of the most significant natural sites in Toronto, over one-third of High Park remains in a natural state. A jewel in the city’s park system, residents and visitors can enjoy its many attractions, playgrounds and features year-round.
- Dome Movies at Home. Get your popcorn ready and curl up on the couch to learn! Spark is offering a winter special with $1.30 documentaries that wow! This partnership with Giant Screen. Until Jan. 31.
- Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden Winter Light Festival. The Winter Lights Festival is back to bring light and joy to Southern Alberta through the darkest months! Until Jan. 30.
- British Columbia
Who’s that baby…?
Here is this week’s Guess Who baby photo. Your clue is:
If energy drinks existed in the 90s I am reasonably sure it would have stunted my growth.
You have one guess. Send it to (email@example.com) by the end of the workday, January 26th.
The answer to last week’s Guess: Lisa Casino.
What are You Watching?
Staff recommendations in a time of lockdown
Got a recommendation? Send it to HR for the next newsletter!
Mini apple flax pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- ½ apple, diced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup yogurt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs and flax to form a batter. Add apples and cinnamon.
- Warm coconut oil in pan and add batter in, forming 4 mini pancakes.
- Cook on medium heat till edges look to be setting and then flip and cook through
- Add yogurt on top of pancakes or use as a dip for the kids.