April 16, 2019 (Toronto, Ontario) – A Hearing Panel of the Prairie Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”) has issued its Reasons for Decision dated April 15, 2019 (“Reasons for Decision”) in connection with a settlement hearing held in Edmonton, Alberta on February 6, 2019 in the matter of Christopher Paul Heide (“Respondent”).
In its Reasons for Decision, the Hearing Panel confirmed the sanctions imposed on the Respondent. In particular, the Respondent:
- shall pay a fine of $15,000 (“Fine”);
- has paid costs of $2,500 (“Costs”);
- payment of the Fine and Costs shall be made as follows:
- $2,500 (Costs) upon acceptance of the Settlement Agreement;
- $5,000 (Fine) upon acceptance of the Settlement Agreement;
- $4,000 (Fine) on or before March 29, 2019;
- $3,000 (Fine) on or before April 30, 2019;
- $3,000 (Fine) on or before May 31, 2019;
- shall in the future comply with MFDA Rules 2.1.1.
A copy of the Reasons for Decision is available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca. During the period described in the Reasons for Decision, the Respondent conducted business in Edmonton, Alberta area.
The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their approximately 81,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA’s complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to ‘Check an Advisor’ and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website.