MFDA Hearing Panel accepts settlement agreement with Mark Pollon
March 1, 2018 (Toronto, Ontario) – A settlement hearing in the matter of Mark Steven Pollon (“Respondent”) was held yesterday in Edmonton, Alberta before a three-member Hearing Panel of the Prairie Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”).
The Hearing Panel accepted the settlement agreement (“Settlement Agreement”) between Staff of the MFDA and the Respondent, as a consequence of which the following sanctions were imposed:
- a fine in the amount of $9,000;
- costs in the amount of $2,500; and
- in the future shall comply with MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
In the Settlement Agreement, the Respondent admitted that:
- in September 2014, he altered an account form that had been previously signed by a client and used in a previous transaction in order to process a new transaction in the client’s account, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- between September 2008 and July 2016, he obtained, possessed, and, in some instances, used to process transactions, 22 pre-signed account forms in respect of two clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
A copy of the Settlement Agreement is available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca. During the period described in the Settlement Agreement, the Respondent carried on business in the Edmonton, Alberta area.
The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their approximately 83,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA’s complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to ‘Check an Advisor’ and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website.