MFDA Hearing Panel accepts settlement agreement with Jason Campbell
September 17, 2021 (Toronto, Ontario) – A settlement hearing in the matter of Jason Christopher Campbell (the “Respondent”) was held on September 16, 2021 by electronic hearing in London, Ontario before a three-member Hearing Panel of the Central Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”).
The Hearing Panel accepted the settlement agreement dated August 17, 2021 (“Settlement Agreement”), between Staff of the MFDA and the Respondent, as a consequence of which the following sanctions were imposed on the Respondent:
- a fine in the amount of $11,000;
- costs in the amount of $2,500; and
- shall in the future comply with MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
In the Settlement Agreement, the Respondent admitted that:
- between January 2015 and February 2019, he altered and, in some instances, used to process transactions 24 account forms in respect of 22 clients by altering information on the account forms without having the client initial the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- between November 2014 and February 2017, he obtained, possessed and, in some instances, used to process transactions, 3 pre-signed account forms in respect of 4 clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
A copy of the Settlement Agreement is available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca. During the period described in the Settlement Agreement, the Respondent conducted business in the London, Ontario area.
The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their approximately 80,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA’s complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to ‘Check an Advisor’ and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website.