September 13, 2021 (Toronto, Ontario) – A Hearing Panel of the Pacific Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”) has issued its Reasons for Decision dated September 13, 2021 (“Reasons for Decision”), in connection with a settlement hearing held in Vancouver, British Columbia by electronic hearing on August 23, 2021, in the matter of Natasha Maureen Goodison (aka Natasha Maureen Johal) (“Respondent”).
In its Reasons for Decision, the Hearing Panel confirmed the sanctions imposed on the Respondent. In particular, the Respondent:
- has been permanently prohibited from conducting securities related business in any capacity while in the employ of or associated with any Member of the MFDA;
- shall pay a fine of $7,500 (“Fine”);
- has paid costs of $5,000 (“Costs”);
- payment of the Fine and Costs shall be made as follows:
- $5,000 (Costs) on August 23, 2021;
- $1,250 (Fine) on the last business day of September 2021;
- $1,250 (Fine) on the last business day of October 2021;
- $1,250 (Fine) on the last business day of November 2021;
- $1,250 (Fine) on the last business day of December 2021;
- $1,250 (Fine) on the last business day of January 2022;
- $1,250 (Fine) on the last business day of February 2022; and
- if the Respondent fails to make any of the payments described above, any outstanding balance of the Fine shall become immediately due and payable to the MFDA.
A copy of the Reasons for Decision is available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca. During the period described in the Reasons for Decision, the Respondent carried on business in the Gibsons, British Columbia area.
The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their approximately 80,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA’s complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to ‘Check an Advisor’ and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website.