- The proposed settlement agreement concerns the allegations that:
- on or about June 19, 2015, the Respondent falsified a client signature on an account form, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between 2004 and June 2015, the Respondent falsified and used to process transactions, 2 account forms in respect of 2 clients, by altering information on the account forms without obtaining client initials authorizing the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between 2004 and June 2015, the Respondent obtained, possessed, and used to process transactions, 2 pre-signed account forms in respect of 2 clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- between October 2009 and June 2015, acting in his capacity as branch manager, the Respondent reviewed and approved the use of an account form containing a falsified client signature, a falsified account form, and a pre-signed account form, contrary to MFDA Rules 2.5.5(f) and 2.1.1.
- The hearing is open to the public, unless and to the extent that the Hearing Panel determines that all or part of the hearing should proceed in the absence of the public. If the Hearing Panel accepts the Settlement Agreement, then copies of the decision of the Hearing Panel and the Settlement Agreement will be made available to the public.
Sarah RickardSarah RickardDirector of Regional Councils
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King St. West, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9
E-mail: [email protected]