The subject matter of the proposed Settlement Agreement concerns matters for which the Respondent may be disciplined as an Approved Person of the MFDA, pursuant to ss. 20 and 24.1.1 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA.
- The Settlement Agreement concerns allegations that the Respondent:
- on or about August 1, 2016, falsified, and used to process a transaction, one account form by altering information on the account form without having the client initial the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between September 2006 and October 2016, obtained and possessed, four pre-signed account forms in respect of three clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- on or about October 21, 2014, made a false statement to the Member about his use of pre-signed forms when completing the Member’s annual registration questionnaire, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
- MFDA settlement hearings are typically held in the absence of the public pursuant to section 20.5 of MFDA By-law No. 1 and Rule 15.2(2) of the MFDA Rules of Procedure.
Sarah RickardSarah RickardDirector of Regional Councils
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King St. West, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9
E-mail: [email protected]