The subject matter of the proposed Settlement Agreement concerns matters for which the Respondent may be disciplined as an approved person of the MFDA, pursuant to ss. 20 and 24.1.1 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA.
- The proposed Settlement Agreement concerns allegations that the Respondent:
- on or about October 3, 2016, cut and pasted a client signature from an account form previously signed by a client onto a new account form, and used the new account form to process a transaction, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between March 2011 and June 2016, altered 13 account forms in respect of eight clients by altering information on the account forms without having the clients initial the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- on or about January 15, 2016, obtained and possessed two pre-signed account forms in respect of one client, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
- MFDA settlement hearings are typically held in the absence of the public pursuant to section 20.5 of MFDA By-law No. 1 and Rule 15.2(2) of the MFDA Rules of Procedure.
Michelle PongMichelle PongDirector, Regional Councils
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King St. West, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9
E-mail: [email protected]