File No. 201954
IN THE MATTER OF A SETTLEMENT HEARING PURSUANT TO SECTION 24.4 OF BY-LAW NO. 1 OF THE MUTUAL FUND DEALERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
Re: Walter Guiseppe Montina
NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT HEARING
NOTICE is hereby given that a hearing will be held before a hearing panel of the Prairie Regional Council (“Hearing Panel”) of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”) in the hearing room at the offices of the MFDA, 800 – 6th Avenue S.W., Suite 850, Calgary, Alberta on November 26, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (Mountain), or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, to consider whether, pursuant to section 24.4 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA, the Hearing Panel should accept the settlement agreement (“Settlement Agreement”) entered into between Staff of the MFDA and Walter Guiseppe Montina (“Respondent”).
The subject matter of the proposed Settlement Agreement concerns matters for which the Respondent may be disciplined as an approved person of the MFDA, pursuant to ss. 20 and 24.1.1 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA.
- The proposed Settlement Agreement concerns allegations that the Respondent:
- in or around January 2013, he, or his assistant for whom he was responsible, altered information on an account form that had been previously signed by a client and used in a previous transaction in order to process a new transaction in the client’s account, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between March 2010 and January 2018, he, or his assistants for whom he was responsible, altered and used to process transactions, 14 account forms in respect of 9 clients by altering information on the account forms without having the clients initial the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- between March 2010 and January 2018, he, or his assistants for whom he was responsible, obtained, possessed, and used to process transactions, 29 pre-signed account forms in respect of 19 clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
- MFDA settlement hearings are typically held in the absence of the public pursuant to section 20.5 of MFDA By-law No. 1 and Rule 15.2(2) of the MFDA Rules of Procedure.
DATED: Sep 3, 2019
Director, Regional Councils
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King St. West, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9