File No. 202120
Re: Muhammad Fahad
NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT HEARING
NOTICE is hereby given that an electronic hearing will be held before a hearing panel of the Central Regional Council (the “Hearing Panel”) of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (the “MFDA”) on July 30, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern) or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held, to consider whether, pursuant to section 24.4 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA, the Hearing Panel should accept the settlement agreement (the “Settlement Agreement”) entered into between Staff of the MFDA and Muhammad Fahad (the “Respondent”).
The subject matter of the proposed Settlement Agreement concerns matters for which the Respondent may be disciplined as an Approved Person of the MFDA, pursuant to sections 20 and 24.1.2 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA.
- The proposed Settlement Agreement concerns allegations that the Respondent:
- between April 2018 and January 2019, signed the signature or initials of 16 clients on 38 account forms and, in some instances, submitted the forms to the Member for processing, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between April 2018 and January 2019, signed the signature of another Approved Person on 3 account forms in respect of 2 clients and submitted the forms to the Member for processing, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- on September 26, 2018, altered 2 account forms in respect of 1 client by altering information on the account forms without having the client initial the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- between April 2018 and July 2018, obtained and possessed 3 pre-signed account forms in respect of 3 clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
- MFDA settlement hearings are typically held in the absence of the public pursuant to section 20.5 of MFDA By-law No. 1 and Rule 15.2(2) of the MFDA Rules of Procedure.
DATED: May 26, 2021
Director, Regional Councils
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King St. West, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9