IN THE MATTER OF A SETTLEMENT HEARING PURSUANT TO SECTION 24.4 OF BY-LAW NO. 1 OF THE MUTUAL FUND DEALERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
Re: Sageev Satchithanantham
NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT HEARING
NOTICE is hereby given that an electronic hearing will be held before a hearing panel of the Central Regional Council (the “Hearing Panel”) of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (the “MFDA”) on October 21, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern), or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held, to consider whether, pursuant to section 24.4 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA, the Hearing Panel should accept the settlement agreement (the “Settlement Agreement”) entered into between Staff of the MFDA and Sageev Sathithanantham (the “Respondent”).
The subject matter of the proposed Settlement Agreement concerns matters for which the Respondent may be disciplined as an Approved Person of the MFDA, pursuant to sections 20 and 24.1.1 of By-law No. 1 of the MFDA.
- The proposed Settlement Agreement concerns allegations that:
- between February 2015 and April 2017, the Respondent photocopied signature pages from account forms that had been signed by clients and re-used the signature pages to complete 8 additional forms in respect of 6 clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1;
- between July 2013 and May 2019, the Respondent obtained, possessed, and used to process transactions, 80 pre-signed account forms in respect of 47 clients, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1; and
- between February 2015 and February 2018, the Respondent altered and used to process transactions, 18 account forms in respect of 13 clients, by altering the account forms without having the client initial the alterations, contrary to MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
- MFDA settlement hearings are typically held in the absence of the public pursuant to section 20.5 of MFDA By-law No. 1 and Rule 15.2(2) of the MFDA Rules of Procedure. If the Hearing Panel accepts the settlement agreement, then the proceeding will become open to the public and a copy of the decision of the Hearing Panel and the settlement agreement will be made available at mfda.ca.
Michelle PongMichelle PongDirector, Regional Councils
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
121 King St. West, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9